2 tablespoons canola oil
1 pound beef for stew, cubed
1 teaspoon turmeric
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 package Kadbanou Fried Onions
1 package Kadbanou Fried Sabzi Ghormesabzi
or Kadbanou Sabzi Ghormesabzi
8 whole dried limes
1 (15 ounce) can red beans
1 cup water
OR + >
1. Place stew beef in a medium deep skillet and add water just to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until cooked through. Remove from heat and drain.
2. Place oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add beef, turmeric, paprika, salt and pepper, stirring to combine. Continue cooking until meat begins to brown.
3. Add Kadbanou Fried Onions and Kadbanou Fried Sabzi Ghormesabzi or Sabzi Ghormesabzi. (If you use Sabzi Ghormesabzi you'll need to fry it in a sauce pan with 2 tablespoons canola oil until the color is dark green before adding to the beef mixture. No need to defrost before cooking.)
4. Add water and red beans, stirring to combine.
5. Poke holes in dried lime with a fork and add to beef mixture. Simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
6. Serve hot with white rice.