This recipe can be made without meat for a delicious vegetarian meal.
4 tablespoons canola oil
1 pound beef for stew cubed or chicken
1 teaspoon turmeric
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups water
1 package of Kadbanou Fried Eggplant
1 package of Kadbanou Fried Onion
1/4 cup Kadbanou Ghoureh (Sour Grape)
1/4 cup tomato sauce
4 plum tomatoes, cut in half (fresh or canned)
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
2. Place a saucepan over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil.
3. When oil is hot, add beef and cook, stirring often until lightly browned.
4. Add turmeric, paprika, salt and pepper, stirring to combine. Stir in water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes or until the meat is cooked.
5. Transfer mixture to a large baking dish. Add Fried Eggplant, Fried Onion, Ghoureh (Sour Grape), tomato sauce, tomatoes, and lemon juice.
6. Cover it with foil and place in oven. Cook for 20 minutes.
7. Serve with white rice or yogurt.